March 31, 2008
March 27, 2008
March 24, 2008
March 21, 2008
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) — Even in death Arthur C. Clarke would not compromise his vision.
The famed science fiction writer, who once denigrated religion as “a necessary evil in the childhood of our particular species,” left written instructions that his funeral be completely secular, according to his aides.
“Absolutely no religious rites of any kind, relating to any religious faith, should be associated with my funeral,” he wrote.
March 18, 2008
from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
A White Russian is a classic creamy cocktail that is made with vodka, Kahlua coffee liqueur, and milk or half and half. A White Russian is typically served in a rocks or highball glass over ice. The vodka and Kahlua are first poured into a glass that has been filled with ice, and then the drink is topped off with milk or half and half. The finished drink is stirred very gently or not stirred at all, as the vodka and Kahlua should rest on the bottom of the glass below the milk or half and half.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz Kahlua
- Half and half or milk (to fill or top off the glass)
- Maraschino cherry for garnish (optional)
- Fill a rocks or highball glass with ice.
- Pour the vodka into the glass.
- Pour the Kahlua into the glass and stir with a swizzle stick if desired to mix the ingredients.
- Top off the glass with half and half or milk. The drink is usually not stirred after adding the half and half or milk, as the alcoholic ingredients should rest on the bottom of the glass.
- Garnish with a single maraschino cherry if desired. The cherry can be rested on the surface of the drink itself, and will be supported by the ice cubes that are in the drink. A stemmed cherry that has not been speared with a toothpick is desirable.
- Serve the drink with a cocktail straw or stirrer so that the drink can be stirred if desired.
- Add more Kahlua if desired for a stronger coffee flavor.
- Mix the drink in a cocktail shaker and serve in a cocktail class if desired. A shaken White Russian will have a creamy froth. This is, however, not the classic or traditional way to prepare a White Russian, and should be referred to as a White Russian martini.
- Some White Russian recipes call for creme de cacao liqueur in addition to the other ingredients. If this is used, the cocktail can be garnished with grated chocolate.
- Hot White Russian cocktails are made with freshly brewed coffee in addition to the Kahlua and other ingredients, and are served in mugs. A Hot White Russian can be garnished with whipped cream. Freshly whipped cream is preferable to instant whipped cream.
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make a White Russian. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.