January 06, 2011

Why Pick On Religion?

"Oh Bill, you’re such a meanie, why do you have to go after religion, it gives people comfort, it doesn’t hurt anything!’ Okay, well other than most wars, the Crusades, the Inquisition, 9/11, arranged marriages to minors, blowing up girl’s schools, the suppression of women and homosexuals, ethnic cleansing, honor rape, human sacrifice, burning witches, suicide bombings, condoning slavery, and the systematic fucking of children.. There’s a few little things I have a problem with." - Bill Maher

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He's right on the money as usual!

Fantastic Forrest said...

I <3 Bill.

Lemmy Caution said...

The "why do you pick on religion" question is one I am all too familiar with.

Bill's quote just nails it. A perfectly compiled list of exactly why it's IMPORTANT to do so.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

I am printing that out and keeping it with me....in fact I think I will memorise it....I will need it for my exit review when I am fired someday for saying the wrong thing, or "not being sensative".

Thanks for sharing - made my day!

Cheers!