June 03, 2005

Get away from me kid, you bother me....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I hung a picture of good old W.C. Fields in the office the other day. No good reason other than I've been re-watching some of his classic flicks on DVD lately. It caused quite a cultural clash
between those that knew who W.C. Fields was and those that didn't.

For those of you that don't know him, than I humble suggest the following : NEVER GIVE A SUCKER AN EVEN BREAK, THE BANK DICK, IT'S A GIFT, and YOU CAN'T CHEAT AN HONEST MAN.

All of them are more or less Fields' classics. Funny sight gags mixed with his stange speech patterns and hostility toward kids and animals.

I try not to be snobbish.....I can appreciate a good modern comedy. But there just aren't people like W.C. around anymore. Along with The Marx Brothersand Charlie Chaplin, W.C. was a giant of screen comedy.

No comments: