December 11, 2009

Jehovah's Witnesses

From Austin's Atheism Blog


1. No Trinity
2. God did not Create the Universe Directly
3. No Eternal Damnation
4. Only the 144,000 go to Heaven
5. An Earthly Resurrection and Paradise
6. All non-Witnesses and "Worldly" Organizations are under Satanic Control
7. Disfellowshipping and Disassociation
8. Like the Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses were Persecuted by the Nazis
9. Only the Baptized are Considered Full Fledged Jehovah's Witnesses
10. The Light gets Brighter as the End Draws Near



3 comments:

Blueberry said...

Our family was (were?) Jehovah's Witnesses for several years. They have a lot of odd beliefs, but no odder than beliefs of other religions. I burned a bunch of their books in a bonfire once. I guess I am not completely against book-burning. ;-)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I never quite 'got' what JW was all about and I had several friends who were part of it when they were children. I seems creepy to me. All of them talked about sexual abuse and the way incidents are swept under the rug. You would expect that in a paternal organization.

Booksteve said...

My wife worked for a JW lady who seemed perfectly normal but when her teenage daughter got pregnant the poor girl was kicked out of the JW's in a ceremony and her mother was forbidden to speeak with her for awhile at least. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII dunno, y'know?