March 10, 2009

Billy Graham......comedian.

The funniest thing I've seen all year.

Billy Graham answers readers letters for a Kansas city newspaper.

I almost spit my coffee out all over the monitor....


DEAR BILLY GRAHAM: Why do people get involved in cults? My cousin has gotten involved in one, and no matter what we say to him, he refuses to listen. He says we are the ones who are in the dark, and he alone in our family has found the truth. — S. McM.

DEAR S. McM: One characteristic of cults is that they strongly believe they alone are right in their beliefs and everyone else is wrong. Thus they reject the central truths of the Bible that Christians have held in common for almost 2,000 years and substitute their own beliefs for the clear teaching of Scripture.

Why do people get involved with cults? One reason is because they have a deep spiritual hunger, and, for a time, they think they have found the answer to that hunger.

FULL STORY/LETTER HERE. . . .

Ahhh......Billy. Always good for a chuckle. I still remember THIS gem from this supposed loving Christian.....

"A lot of Jews are great friends of mine. They swarm around me and are friendly to me, because they know that I am friendly to Israel and so forth, but they don't know how I really feel about what they're doing to this country, and I have no power and no way to handle them." - Billy Graham to Richard Nixon in a taped conversation in 1972

No comments: