March 18, 2009

Now there is a headline you don't see every day....

I'm all for freedom of speech and the like....but this guy is obviously an assclown just looking for attention. If that attention comes in the form of eggs being lobbed at him.....it would seems par for the course. Of course, the fact that he apparently is walking around armed (and apparently crazy) is somewhat disturbing.


From WTOV.com

Local Nazi Causing Controversy

March 17, 2009

A local man is causing a stir in Tuscarawas County.

Corek Rankin, a self-proclaimed Nazi, has been seen protesting in several different parts of the county including Dennison, New Philadelphia, and Uhrichsville.

On Monday he had an egg thrown at him, and police departments through out the county have received calls about Rankin's protests.

Dennison police received a call about a concern with Rankin carrying a gun.

News9's James Jackson asked Rankin why he carried a loaded gun with him.

"For my own safety, as I said, people react violently. I refuse to put myself in harms way with out protecting myself," he said.

"It's just not very often you see a Nazi flag displayed. I think it's First Amendment rights, which is fantastic, but it's also potentionally inflammatory which is why I stopped," a man from Columbus driving past the Tuscarawas County Courthouse during Rankin's protest and commented.

No comments: